Man Driving over 120 MPH Killed in Los Banos Accident
A 19-year-old man was killed in the early morning on Saturday, November 12, when his car collided with a garbage truck on Delta Road and Highway 152 in Los Banos.
Details of the Deadly Accident
According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the 19-year-old man was reportedly driving a Ford Mustang above 120 miles per hour in low visibility and foggy conditions with no headlights. His mustang caught on fire after colliding with the garbage truck.
Paramedics arrived to see a fiery crash and pronounced him dead at the scene. The CHP said neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to be factors in the crash. The accident is still under investigation.
Causes of Deadly Traffic Accidents
The extent of a motor vehicle accident can be influenced by speed and where the vehicles were hit. A driver who is speeding will cause more severe injuries and risk of death. Other factors that can cause serious traffic accidents include the following:
- Distracted drivers: From drifting over the line to rear-end crashes and T-bone accidents, distracted drivers don’t seem to realize that taking their eyes off the road for a few seconds can have devastating results.
- Drunk drivers: Intoxicated drivers have poor judgment and reflexes, making it easy to cause a traffic accident.
- Reckless Drivers: From tailgating, running a stoplight, racing another vehicle, or crowding other motorists, it can quickly turn horrible when an accident occurs.
- Fatigued drivers: are comparable to inebriated drivers in their ability to handle a vehicle. The drowsy driver might drift over the centerline, nod off behind the wheel, or cause a rear-end collision.
Why You Need an Attorney for a Wrongful Death Claim
You should speak to a wrongful death attorney to better understand your legal options. Most personal injury lawyers offer free initial consultations, so there is no financial cost to you.
Retaining legal counsel makes sense when considering all factors from the negligent party’s insurance policy for monetary recovery. Filing a wrongful death claim involves contacting the insurance company, submitting paperwork, and negotiating with a claims adjuster. The process can be overwhelming, especially if you are also grieving the loss of your loved one.
A wrongful death lawyer can take the burden off you and handle the entire claim process from beginning to end. Your attorney will work with the other party’s insurance company to reach a satisfactory settlement on your behalf or take your case to court if necessary.
What Can I Recover from a Wrongful Death Claim?
In a wrongful death claim, you are entitled to pursue economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Medical bills incurred due to the accident
- Emotional trauma and stress related to the unexpected loss
- Loss of your deceased loved one’s earnings, including future earnings
- Loss of your partner and companion in life
- Loss of mentorship and guidance
Watch the following YouTube video to learn more about wrongful death claims.
Los Banos Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a wrongful death attorney in Los Banos. If a family member was killed in an accident in Los Banos due to negligence, you might be entitled to file a wrongful death claim for compensation for your damages and emotional suffering. While no amount of money will ease your grief of losing a loved one, it can help you and your family move forward financially. Call one of our injury lawyers at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice to learn about your legal options.
Go to our Settlements and Verdicts page to see how we’ve helped our clients receive the compensation they deserve in a wrongful death claim.
Photo by Rodrigo Teixeira on Pexels.com
cha llo ds [cs 629]